Subsidy for buying an electric car
Did you know that you can get a subsidy when buying an electric car? This arrangement is in effect from the 4th of June 2020 until 2025. You can apply for this from the 1st of July. However, there are some requirements you should fulfil.
- You are buying or leasing a car as an individual;
- The list price is in between €12.000 and €45.000;
- A minimum range of 120km;
- When you buy a car, the car should be registered on your name for at least 3 years;
- The subsidy on used electric cars is valid when you buy a car from a company with RDW-erkende Bedrijfsvoorraad;
- The subsidy on lease cars is valid when you lease the car from a leasing company with the Keurmerk Private Lease.
When you apply for the subsidy for a new electric car, the amount will be €4.000.
When you apply for it for a used electric car, the amount will be €2.000.
How does it work?
When you receive a subsidy for your lease car, you will receive a monthly payment. When you return your car within 4 years, the monthly payments will stop. When you bought an electric car and you sell it within 3 years, you have to pay back a part of the received subsidy.
Fiscal advantages of an eletric car
Besides the amount mentioned earlier, driving an electric car can be financially beneficial as well. For example, until 2025 you do not pay road tax on a completely electric car. Besides that, in 2020 you do not have to pay BPM (Dutch tax on motor vehicles) on electric cars. On an annual basis, this can save you a lot of money.