Fill in our contact form and we will get in touch!
What is child budget?
The child budget is a contribution of the Dutch tax system towards the costs for your children up to the age of 18, which you receive in addition to the child benefit. Do you already receive child benefits (kinderbijslag)? Then, you will automatically receive the child budget if you are entitled to it. Not everyone is entitled to the child budget. Are you wondering if you qualify for this? Then read on.
As mentioned above, there are several conditions. You are entitled to this if you/your:
- Have at least one child under 18;
- Receive child benefit from the Social Insurance Bank (SVB);
- Have Dutch nationality or a valid residence permit;
- Income is not too high. Check here if you are entitled to the child budget.
- Maximum income of €70,000 if you do not have a toeslagpartner
- Maximum income of €99,000 if you have a toeslagpartner
- Assets are not too high (maximum assets without toeslagpartner €118,479 or with toeslagpartner €149,819).
The maximum amount for three children is €262 per month. For a household with four or more children, €76 is added per month. You will only be paid this amount if you are below the income threshold mentioned previously. If your income is higher than the income threshold, you will receive a lower or no allowance. Click here to make a trial calculation.
Is your child over 12 years old? Then, you will receive an extra amount.
Single parents can receive an additional amount of up to € 270 per month. This amount is independent of the number of children in the household.
The child budget is based on the information that the Belastingdienst has on you. Therefore, our advice: if something changes, report this immediately. This prevents you from getting too little or from having to repay it later.
See the table below for the maximum amounts of the child budget per month.
|Number of children||Maximum amount child budget per month|
|4 children or more||€76 extra per month|
We are happy to help you!
Do you have any questions about the allowances? Or do you have questions about other fiscal issues? The TaxSavers is happy to help you. Fill in our contact form or give us a call on +31 (0)20 – 2170120.